Monday, May 28, 2012

July 9, 1972 (Letter from Mrs. Peroski)



Thank you for the lovely letter.  It's always nice to hear from Mardi's friends.  I've been meaning to write to you sooner, but so many things have happened lately, as you probably have heard from Mardi. 

My dad past away on June the 12th and it's been pretty hard all the way around.  I still can't believe it.  The weather as you have heard has been awful.  Rain and more rain, although today it's sunny and warm and in the 70's.  I hope it keeps up.  Really we have been very fortunately because of lot of people around us have been hit hard.  You would never believe all the water behind the Kinzua Dam.  That really saved us this time because I think my little house would have been in the water if it wasn't for the dam.  Thank God!

Paul I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well.  Keep up the good work and get a lot of rest.

Mike is home and leaving for Toledo, Ohio on Tues.  I guess he is going to stay with a friend of his and look for work until the right thing comes along.  I hope he finds what he wants soon.

When will you get home?  Maybe Mardi may get home again the last of July or Aug sometime.  I just hope when you get back you bring some of that good Calif sunshine, because we haven't had any yet and summer is almost gone.  I just hope we have a nice fall.  Myr. Sayles may be up next month.  I can hardly wait.

Well Paul I must close for now because I have to go to work soon and I want to mail this out to you.  So take good care of yourself and I'm sure you are eating enough and get a lot of rest.  Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment