Thursday, May 3, 2012

October 26, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)



Just a quick note here handsome, so I can get my card out to you.  I looked all over till I found exactly the right one.

All is well and as normal as things can get.  Anderson got picked up by the cops Friday night.  It wasn't his fault though.  He had just left his friendly neighborhood bar stool and was at the Red Barn to get some french fries and a cheeseburger -- a local delicacy, when this big guy (they always pick on small guys!) stick a cigarette in Anderson's face -- mostly by mistake due to his carelessness and of course Anderson's immediate reaction was to push this hand away with the cigarette and this guy turns around and pow!  Anderson goes across the room. So the other guy runs and leaves Anderson there with the cop.  So when th cop asked him if he was driving Bill said no! (clever?) and then they took him to General (Hospital) where you have to spend 6 hr in order to "sober" up.  He really couldn't have been that bombed otherwise he would have had a few choice words for the pig.  So I get this phone call from Bill Sat morning from General.  Since there was no fine or anything I didn't get upset.  Had there been a fine involved I would have killed him.

Yesterday morning  Anderson and I did a cute little paper route (I didn't have to work) we got the car stuck in this driveway and it took us half ha hour to get it out!  Sharp!  Everybody is just bitchin cause the paper is late.

Anyway I have to do some work!  Otherwise I could go on and on.  Take care and Happy Birthday.

Oh went to see Play Misty for Me.  Go and see it!  Really scary -- Anderson even got scared.

I promise to write you a long letter soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment