Friday, May 18, 2012

June 6, 1972 (Letter from Kenny)



Well big guy if by chance you are reading this letter you must have made it to old sunny California again.  H ow are you doing?  How are the trip out?  I'm at work n ow and you can't possibly imagine how shitty it is.  All I'm doing is filing huge piles of letters day after day, sitting in a little corner by myself.  It's really getting to me and to think that I've only been working a week now.  Fuck.

Tony was in New York over Memorial Day and he and Harvey came over to my house one night.  Chris and Herb came over also and we all went to a bar and just shot the shit.  Tony is working in a crisis center in Gowanda 3 days a week and he owns 1/2 of a car (he split the cost with a friend of his).  I guess he is really looking forward to going to Berkeley.  Harvey is going to Boston which isn't bad either.

This past Saturday I drove to Paoli, Pa with Herb and helped him move into his apartment.  It's really nice, in a little suburbia.  He pays 165/mo for a 3-room apartment with air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, etc plus they have a pool he can use.  If you have to live in an apartment that's the way to do it.  From there we drove to Philadelphia, about 40 minutes, and walked around the Univ. of Penn.  It's a really nice looking school and it doesn't seem to be in a part part of the city.  I might go there but they' have to give me some money for me to be able to.  As of now I'm going to NYU.  Herb started work yesterday and he's supposed to be home this weekend for his sister's wedding.  Oh yeah, he bought Lloyd's car (VW) for $1000 the day before Lloyd's wedding.  Lloyd's wedding was last Thurs and it was really nice.  The place was beautiful and the food great.  I was really drunk on champagne and tom collins before they gave daiquiris to everyone, then at my table we started passing around joints, holy shit, did that do me in.  Barbara's father was dancing around with a joint in his mouth!

Lauren is in Europe and will be there until the end of July so I haven't been doing a whole lot.  She seems to be having a good time. Jackie (remember her) called from Buffalo last week and said she's coming to New York during June, just when my mother will be in Europe so we'll see what happens.

Chris fell into a lucky break.  He happened to get a job as trainee for asst-mgr at Steak and Brew Restaurants (like Scotch and Sirloin) and he's making $10,400/yr! for 50 hrs per week (6 days).  He works hard or says he does although I haven't spoken to him recently.

I better get going so write if you can. Take it easy and have fun(?)




No comments:

Post a Comment