Monday, March 11, 2013

April 22, 1976 (Letter from Cheryl

Wallace, Idaho  
(photo credit:  Wikipedia)

Got your letter and was really happy to hear from you.  I'd even forgotten about writing you, even tho I do think about you.  Was glad to hear your doin okay and not in any trouble with the law.

I heard about all the trouble you had in D. L. and really felt bad about it.  Too bad there has to be snitchs, but maybe it was best you did leave when you did.  Who knows what would have happened if you'd stayed.  The 2 dudes (Perry & Price I think) who got sent here aren't doin very well.  They're trying to sue the state for abuse & mistreatment   They'll never win & I think they know it, but they keep tryin.  Too bad our system is so messed up.

No George isn't out yet, but he's got his parole papers & goes to board next month.  I really hope he makes it but we're not gettin' back tog.  I met this dude along time ago and I really think alot of him & vice versa.  He treats me & the kids good and both kids, esp. Lawana thinks he's their dad. I'm sorry for the way things turned out esp. after living with George for 15 yrs, but sometimes things just happen. There's some club in D. L. that can get George a job so he should be able to get out.  He doesn't write me anymore, so I suppose I'll never find out, unless I write the prison or if he comes to see the kids.

We're really got a nice place here.  It's a 9-room log cabin house on the last hill in Wallace   No neighbors to speak of and our back yard is the forest.  We see deer all the time in our back yard. We've got a chance to buy this place and another 2 story house for $2700 so we're going to do it. The bank foreclosed on the landlord so that's why it's so cheap.  It's a good deal tho, don't you think?  Some time if your ever in Idaho or going threw you should stop in & see us.  I could dig seeing you again.

I got a letter from Linda last wk.  She's in Billings workin as a key punch operator.  Said Ralph does up for parole next month again but he's been messing up, so she doesn't think he'll make it.   Boy, I'd be good if I was him, after being turned down 2 times already.  Maybe he likes it in there tho, I guess alot of em do.

The last time I went to see George he was still workin in the library but he said it wasn't the same. I bet you were the best librarian they ever had there, esp someone they could trust & respect. They all needed that & they still do m, but chances are they'll never get it.  They were havin a lot of trouble there, some cop burnt down the auditorium (guess that's what it was). The place where they had a open house & movies.  Andy way none of the inmates were to happy about it.  I don't hear hardly any thing about D. L. anymore, unless it's in the paper here.  Th en it's usually just when some one escapes.

Well I guess I'd better go & get George up for school.  We watch Superman every morn. at 7:00. It's a neat show; a little crazy but neat.  Anyway, thanks alot for writing.  It was really good to hear from you.  Write again soon.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment