Thursday, March 7, 2013

February 26, 1975 (Letter from Connie)


Good to hear from you.  So  happy about your job.  I know how frustrating job hunting is -- one one hand it's so easy to just sleep in, and on the other the whole situation is so self-denying.  But that's past, and "cake" or not, I'm sure you and the job will get along very well.

All is status quo here.  The WICHE internship has turned into a semi-full time job, for now at least. At the moment I'm on a six-month contact -- and after that - -well I'm just keep thinking good thoughts.

I'm plotting these days on stealing the month of July and taking off for parts unknown.  (I want to be far away for the buy-centennial!)  Ginny Shcoens (a friend in Seattle) and I were talking about Paris.  The conversation has suddenly shifted to Athens.  Some other friends are still talking about Corfu, so we might stop in there.  All in all, any of those sound terrific.  And then again, if all of those fall through, I might just prowl Piccadilly instead!

As always, tomorrow interests me far more than today.

But all goes well today.  The job is becoming a little repetitious, but cataloging (in all its pettiness) and special libraries, still are my bag.  All in all, I still enjoy it.

Lynne Stevenson came down from Helena to see me a few weeks ago.  (You heard that the infamous LaVern left for good!?)  The bulk of LV's work has fallen on Lynne's shoulders -- but on the other hand, the staff is so relaxed and unhassled, now, that the pressure is bearable.

Pam camae to stay with me over Thanksgiving; I went home over Christmas, and my mom vows to come out, probably in March.  As always, I miss Seattle rain, but I don't get much chance to miss teh Seattle people!

That's about it for now.  Glad all is going well for you -- keep in touch --

No comments:

Post a Comment