Thursday, March 21, 2013

May 7, 1976 (Letter from Barb N)



I found the rest of the camera goods amongst some papers so I will enclose a short note along.

Today I went snorkeling a few miles up the coast from where I lie.   I was so cold and colder yet because I did not have a wet suit on.  We stayed in the water about an hour or so and right now I fell very invigorated.  Basically we did surface dives and practiced our kicks under the water. I kept on swallowing the water and a few times I thought I'd choke.  One time I was laughing so hard that I couldn't blow air in my vest.

The weather is turning warm and soon the tourists will flow into Naples.  I welcome the warm weather but not the tourists.

I'm thinking about selling my car and buying a VW van.  I'm sure you have opened your eyes on the news.  I will call home tomorrow to get some money out of the bank for it.  I have various reasons which add up.  I will ship it back to the States when I'm out of the Navy.  I'm sure I'll need transportation when I get out and this way I'll have it paid for.  The Fiat I have won't make it out of town and back.  It's such an antique!

I got a tape from home.  Mom sent me a few recipes.

I'll end here to get the camera goods off.

When I'm in the mood I'll write a long letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment