Monday, March 4, 2013

February 1, 1976 (Letter from Barb N)



Hello.  Well, it's been four months since I've last seen you.  I imagine it has been a long period of time for you.  Has any good news arrived concerning a job?  I'm hoping for the best for you.

As for me, I'm rather discouraged with the Navy.  I can't agree with their war games.  There is so much that goes on here which most people are ignorant of.  I don't know half what's really going on, but I do know enough.  Sometimes you want to laugh at them other times you want to cry because you can't do anything.  There is no way you can reason with them either.

My chief at work had me carrying boxes that weighed 45 pounds each.  I had to carry 30 boxes into the back room of our office because I am of seaman.  I'm not a man and I haven't any intentions of competing with a man.  Here some people who have been living the Navy way are totally unrealistic at times.  But I must comply while I'm in.

It seems the Navy has progressed slowly downhill for me.  I can't name any advantages dealing with the work.  The security of the Navy is fine.  I imagine a corporation is just as bad.

Enough of the Navy for now.

I've been buying a lot of nice adds and ends for my future home.  I see so much that I want.  I'll have to really budget these next few months.  My federal income tax should help me immensely.  I want to get a rocking chair sometime soon.  I saw a beautiful coat rack.

Hello again.

I'm trying to figure out a budget if I decide to buy a van.  I will have to find out how much a new van would cost me.  It might be easier to buy a van and convent it to a camper.

I think I will take a course at the Univ. of Maryland next semester.  I'd like to take a philosophy or psychology course.  If I go to college I'd like to go back as a sophomore.  You probably heard I'm thinking about going to Penn State.  I want to go to school in Pennsylvania my first year. Hopefully it will be cheaper.  I'm interested at the moment in art or agricultural .  I'd appreciate any advice form you.

I haven't been doing that much.  I'm waiting to get settled in an apartment.  Laura and I plan to go looking this Wednesday   I'd like to get a villa but you have to travel farther to get to any cheap villas.  That would mean I'd have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to make it to work on time.  (I'd be up with the roosters.)

Not much more to say.  I just wanted to write you so you didn't think I forgot about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment