Monday, March 25, 2013

May 13, 1976 (Letter from Cheryl)


I'm finally gettin around to ans. letters.  Usually I'll ans. the next day, but lately I haven't been doin much writing.  I only owe about 7 letters.  I enjoyed your last letter -- it sounds like your happy and doin great -- and I'm happy for you.  Myself I don't think I could live in a big city any more.  Too many people, cars and cops.

I've been doin alot of stuff outside lately, the weather is just beautiful.  The mountain behind us is just full of flowers and it's really pretty.  I've planted all my flowers and my garden and their all doin really good.  We've kind of got 2 pet blue jays who hang around here, and I had trouble with em at first with the seeds I planted.  Mostly the corn & pot seeds.  But they've kinda mellowed out now. But it's really neat to be able to have a pet like that.

For some reason the welfare lady has been hasseling us the past wk.  She keeps insisting me & Shorts are married and I have a strange feeling she's gonna kick me off.  She even called my Aunt and wanted to know if I beat or abused my kids.  She's really a bitch.  I don't care if she kicks me off but I'll sure miss the food stamps -- oh well, maybe things will work themselves out.

We took some people to Columbia Falls, Mont. last wk. end and really had a good trip. We stopped off in Missoula Friday nite and just got loose.  Then Sat. we went cruising around Msla, bought alot of albums and a bunch of junk (that ya can't get here, including downers -- yellows). Sat. nite we did the downers by Flathead Lake.  Was really fun. Me & George caught some fish and cooked em up.  They were pretty good to. The country up there is really pretty; I took alot of pictures.  We're goin back to Missoula over Memorial Day wk.end for my cousin's graduation.  It should be a good party.

George wants to go see his dad that wk. end but I don't know if we are.  He wrote & asked his dad if he could come see him, but so far he hasn't ans. back.  If he doesn't ans. back then we aren't goin, but I hope he does.  It would really hurt Georgie's feelings.  I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing him either but I don't like to think about that very hard.   His mom wrote me yesterday & said he goes to board the last wk of May & that he has a job & a place to live promised him, so he's pretty sure he'll get out.  He also said it'll seem strange not to be with me and the kids.  It's really going to be a hard trip to go threw, esp. if he comes here.  I still love him very much but.....

There's really alot of old furniture and antiques around here, which I really like.  In the mountains behind us, you ca take a shovel and just dig any where and find old bottles.  I've gotten so many in just the yr we've been here I don't have any room left to put any more.  But if we find more I won't threw em away.  George was in the mountains last wk with his friends just messin around & they saw a bear.  It really freaked me out cuz I'm really afraid of bears, but they thought it was neat. Just so they stay up there & don't come down here.

Well it's almost time to get George up for school, so I'd better go for now.  This is the best time of the day.  I get up at 6:00 to get Shorts off  to work and it's so quiet and peaceful.  I really enjoy our life here.  Anyway, take care, don't work too hard & write soon!  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment