Sunday, March 24, 2013

May 12, 1976 (Letter from David)



Nice to hear from you.  We have been changing in many ways since you left.

First off we sold the trailer and bought a house.  It is a 1900 model with a lot of work and a big green yard.  The place also came with an old log barn.  The location is nice also, we are just a block and a half from J. C. Park.  Lyn has worked diligently restoring a long unkempt flower garden, we have tulips and poppys in bloom right now.

After eight years without we finally bought a car.  Wow!  More and more middle class each day. We still do not use it in town, just for trips to Missoula and neighboring communities.

Thoroughly enjoyed "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".  Although it had been six years since I read the book, the story and film seemed to appear the same.

The name Raymond Chandler stuck in my mind, I recalled that you had a couple of his books when you left.  I picked up "Farewell My Lovely" and the "Big Sleep".  I like Marlowe's sarcasm and ideals, he never sells out even to the broads.  Ha! it must be fiction.

Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, or Gerald Ford.  I guess I'd better start becoming familiar with their positions, although I'm sure that will be difficult.

I ran in the seven mile race in Missoula in May 1.  I ran well and had a pleasant time, the day was beautiful.  I covered the 7 miles in 46:13 seconds.  Played some tennis today, and started to get the kinks out of my game.  I'm looking forward towards this summer's play.

Levin is 2 1/2 years old now and keeping Lyn and I real busy.  He is forming sentences, trying to count, working at toilet training and imitating all his parents do.  I have to watch what I say.  For one week he was going around saying Oh God! after every mishap.

Home our cat ran away, guess he just tired of us.  Anyhow we now have two 8 week old male kittens.  One is yellow and white, the other is yellow and striped.  Sonja is doing fine at the new house, she is always ready for a walk or bike ride.

The Bretz and Clive trial started last week, it's too early to tell anything.  Since cons are the major witnesses, I can't imagine the trial lasting long or a guilty verdict.

If you head west for a breather, drop in for a stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment