Sunday, November 11, 2012

December 20, 1974 (Card from Barb L)



Hi there!  It's Christmas in Montana and in Warren, Pa! as it's only a week away.  I think I better start getting it together.  Haven't done any shopping yet or anything.  I hate to part with my meager moneys,.  I guess Mardi wrote to you -- there is no news of course.  Rick was here for a week deer-hunting.  He had fun but didn't get a deer.  He never even shot his gun.  He made it back to Boston in a record 9 hours.  Compared to Timmy and I's 18 hours with the U-haul.  My car is still chugging away -- right now it's getting another minor repair -- the clutch pedal cable broke.  They're all minor repair but they all cost money.  I sound like Marti Graves now!  All business.  I think he must be mellowing or something -- he's really been pretty nice.  He even talks about other subjects than golf now.  Maybe Matthew has done it.  I've babysat fo rhim a few times and he is really a doll.  Of course, Yolanda is crazy about him.  So life goes along here in Warren.  I've been hangin around like a lazy good-for-nothing and loving it.  Doing nothing doesn't bother me -- I must be weird.  But it's get a job time after Christmas.  My rucking landlord sent me $8.50 for the return on my security deposit.  He's about $70 short but writes it off as "expenses".  As unbroken record of lousy landlords -- my lucky star did not shine on me during this year in Boston!  This next year is going to be a definite improvement -- I can feel it?  Have a good holiday up there (?) (I know you're "high") -- drop me a lone and I'll dust off the letter paper and get one out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment