Tuesday, November 20, 2012

January 21, 1975 (Letter from Barb N.)



Hello.  How are you?  I am doing fine?

Today is a miserable day.  We have a pretty fierce rain storm now.  It sounds like the winds are very wicked today.  At least I'm safe at work in the office.

Speaking for work I got transferred to a new job.  I work for the master chief of the station.  Most of the time he's not in the office which is nice for me.  I turn the radio to my station and do what I want to do.  The main work in my job is to attend a monthly Human Relations Council meeting, take notes, and type up the minutes.  As you can surmise the job does not require too much of an effort.  I usually try to break up the routine by reading, typing and writing letters.

Thank you for your Xmas gifts.  I would like to macrame myself a belt but I want to start with another belt first.  My girlfriend is macramaing a wall hanging from rope   It looks pretty good.  She would be a good influence on me and I on her.  I'm lazy and she's not whereas she has some problems that I have more insight than she dose.  I would like to get in the same room so we can hep each other on projects.  We'll have to see how everything develops in the future weeks.

22 Jan. 1975 - I don't feel like reading now so I'll finish your letter.

Right now I feel like I need a vacation of some sort.  I have to get away from this base.  If I had only signed up for two years I would be out in Nov.  I don't see how I will make it through the rest of my enlistment.  I guess I'm in my down moods over the Navy, but I feel like I'm wasting so much time. I know the employment situation is bad outside now.  It doesn't seem like it will improve.  Most people believe we are on the verge of WWIII.  Damn.  That's all I need.  If there was a war and then they ratified the amendment which would put women aboard combat ships, I would go UA.  I would be gone faraway.

Mom probably wrote and told you that I sold my car.  Now all I have to do is pay off my college loan and I will be out of debt.  I will have to start saving money for when I do get out.  I'll need something to fall back on.

What have you been doing in Montana?  What is the weather like?  Have you been sightseeing?  I wish I could travel all over.  I hate sitting idle.  I'm too restless at this moment.  I'll have to calm myself down.

Of course, you have heard about the trouble Dale has been getting into.  I can't understand him.  I wish I knew how his mind works.  He's not a bad person.  I hope he knows what he is doing.

I think my main problem is that I'm lonely for a male.  The sailors only upset me.  I hate sailors, (generalizing them in a group).  I haven't really dated anyone I have liked in over a y ear.  It's too long of a time period for me.

Well Paul I'll end here.  I'll write more soon, after I get out of this mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment