Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 28, 1974 (Letter from Ken and Denise)

"New" Parsonage, Great Falls, Montana
Photo taken September 1974

Hi!  How are you?  It's been a long time since I've written, but a lot of things have been happening since we last heard from you.  I was already to send you a letter the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but I never finished the letter and lost it while getting things together.  The things we were getting together were personal things such as clothes, furniture, and other utensils.  What I'm trying to say is that we've moved.  The place we are living in now is much better than Wellesley Ave.  Our new place is completely furnished, wall to wall carpeting, and this place has heat. We were really getting sick over there.  The place was so cold that it was much warmer outside.  We were home all day with no heat, and would not get any until about 7:00 p.m.  We decided to move within one day.

Well, our Xmas party is this Saturday.  I think it will be good even if we don't get the 400 people we are expecting to fill the place.

How was your Thanksgiving?  We had Thanksgiving dinner the Sunday before.  I made teh whole dinner myself.   I couldn't believe I cooked the whole bird myself.  It was really good.  Well everything was good except the stuffing was a little dry.  I made enough food to feed an army, and there were only 4 of us eating.  So that's when we had our dinner, and on Thanksgiving day, we had pizza.

Again I want to say that I am really sorry for not answering your letter sooner.  Ken says hi also, and we are both waiting to hear from you.  If you can't read the address on the envelope, the address is: 305 S. Aiken Ave., Pgh, Pa. 15232.  Take care and be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment