Friday, February 3, 2012

September 29, 1968 (Letter from Gail)


I'm sorry I haven't written sooner but you know yourself how busy things can get.

It sounds like you're having a pretty good life at school.  How's the Jewish pop out there.  Mark V. said the Jew pop at R.I.T. is about 60%.  He said I should come out and stay with him and find a nice Jewish husband.

Here it is a nice Sunday afternoon -- at home.  I hate Sun.  They get to be so boring because there is nothing to do.

In fact there's nothing going on in this whole town.  Last night Bonnie Freund and I went to a Student-Faculty tea at the EOC lounge.  It was pretty nice.  Then we went up to the high school dance.  Boy, that school is getting worse every year.  I'm glad I'm out of there.  EOC is ok.  It's nothing special, though.  They've had a couple of dances.  They've been real groovy.  How are your classes?  Mine are so mixed up.  I've got four evening classes - Mon. to Thurs.  If that isn't hell.  I'm taking World Civ, Speech, Eng I, Psychology, and Principles of Biology.  I've got Mr. Gene Williams for Bio.  Do you remember him?  He used to teach Bio at the H.S.  He's a really nice guy but what a teacher!

Have you heard from Mark yet?  He hasn't written me yet.  Next time you write him, tell him I'd like to hear from him, if he has a chance, OK?

I haven't been doing too much drinking this fall.  I've been to Shorty's a couple of times.  In fact I was there just last Tues.  It was great.  Am I making you homesick?  When are you coming home?  We'll have to have a big reunion at Thanksgiving.  Agreed?

Well, Paul, take it easy, study hard, but have fun.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment