Wednesday, October 17, 2012

September 26, 1974 (Letter from Mardi)



Just a quick note while I'm relaxing, baby is sleeping for the time being and I've already taken my "nappy poo".  All goes well here, Marti's mother arrive Sat and will be staying till Oct 10, so she's been spoiling me right along with Matthew!

Called Barb a couple of weeks ago and she's ready to leave Boston for good, unfortunately the money problem is bad.

Mike is working at some hospital in California, how he's doing is hard to say.

Right now Marti and Matt are waiting to hear about their settlement on the store.  We have blueprints made up and the ideas ready so soon we will be working day and night remodeling the new store -- last year it was the house -- will there be no end?!!!!  It's going to be very "trying" --- There can't be much more that can possibly happen this year.  73-74 has definitely been action packed!

So how is the job going?  It sounds as if it goes well fo ryou.  Have becomes accustomed to the "faces" now?

(9-30-74) - Thought I'd better get this out before I get further behind in my letter-writing!  Matthew was baptized Sun and he was so funny!  Thank heavens he was good.

Time is going to fast I can't believe it.  It's going on a month!  I'll have to send a photo, he's getting so big, you'll never know what he looked like by the time you may see him!

Sorry this is so short but with Marti's mom here I seem to have more to do!  Ya know?

We've gotten started on the "new store" and it's really going to be a great improvement.  Any new ideas from out Montana way?  We're open for anything!

I must go and put the baked macaroni in the oven -- SLIM!  I only have 8 lbs to lose so I'm really doing the old exercises.  No more coke, pepsi, pizza!  FOR SHAME.  Had a corn roast Sat nite and ate about half a dozen ears!  Would you believe we went to Washington Park?  I thought it would be overgrown with scrubs but it was really nice and it was a warm nite, which we haven't had in awhile.  I think the last time I was at Washington Park was about 1969!?

I really gotta gotta go -- Take care!

When do you think you'll be getting back around here?  The only way to get home around the holidays in either have a month off or to fly -- CHEAP!

The poopies say hi.

Matthew says hi.

The poopies didn't know what to think of Matthew at first but we haven't had any problems -- I think they think he's a toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment