Sunday, October 7, 2012

July 26, 1974 (Letter from Kathy and Gary)



Please excuse my long overdue letter.  We've been planning on moving in just a few weeks since June 1st and I've been waiting to give you our new address, but the other day when I noticed the postmark was from March I thought I better sit down today and respond.  Things keep getting delayed and we may not move until Sept or Oct now.  It'll be the same town, just new house.  Will let you know new address when we get ready to move.  It's rural (2 1/2 acres) and I'm not sure of address yet.  Guess yo might as well wait until you know where your job will be before you write.

Dody's parents were in Boise to visit Jim (recruiting for the Army there) and came down here for a short evening visit.  Dody's grandfather was with them also.  Jim and his family did not come.

Gary is now FREE!  He says he feels alive.  He's out of the A.F., doing what he loves -- working on motorcycles.  Our plans for our own business got delayed a year but hopefully next year-- please pray for us!

I'm still working -- 4 days a week for the different dentists in town.  I'm the only hygienist in town and it really keeps me busy with all my other interests (girl scouts, gardening, bread making and housework -- there's always that).  Thank goodness I'm done ironing those awful uniforms from the Air Force.  That saves many hours a month.  The summer is so busy anyway with yards and such.  Need a vacation of fresh corn, tomatoes, beans, peas, cucumbers, squash, etc.?  The garden is ripening quickly.

My sister from Colorado is coming in 2 weeks for a week.  Looking forward to company.

It's been a crazy summer -- extremes of wet and dry and hot and cold, but very enjoyable just the same. All sunshine!  How we love the sunshine.

We tired of neighbors and have decided to put a house on 2 1/2 acres 3 miles out of town.  Next year I plan on a really big garden and maybe the next spring chickens.  Maybe even a horse and/or goat someday.  The ground is my therapy -- vans and bikes Gary's.

He works 9:00am - 7:00pm one week then noon til 8pm the next.  He used to have every 3rd Saturday off, but now it's every other Wed, which is my day off.

Have you found or decided on your job?  Really glad for you that you're getting the education you want.  Know what you must mean when you are tired of school.  I was tired after 14 years and there you are after 18!  (Well, didn't you take a year off?)

Well, gotta scoot.  Gary comes home for dinner at 2:00 this week and it's seldom that we get our big meal in at that time.  Need to get my hair trimmed today also before he gets home and it's almost 1:00.

Just wanted to let you know I really hadn't deserted you and glad I got this to you before you moved.

Take care.  Thanks a bunch for keeping in touch.  You're a unique man.

No comments:

Post a Comment