Wednesday, October 10, 2012

September 13, 1974 (Letter from Dora)


Mother wrote to tell me you were coming to Deer Lodge and I am so sorry that the very day you came down to Great Falls, I was out of town -- it would happen that way!

I am glad Mrs. Lewis happened to be over here -- and could let you know I'd gone to Missoula -- my sister is in a nursing home over there.

I hope you will make it back here so I can get reacquainted with you.  Did you come over in time for church?  (Even that is altered but basically as it was when you were here -- do you remember how you used to come up and sit by my side on the organ bench and turn off the organ for me?)

Hope you are enjoying your work at Deer Lodge -- and will like being back in Montana.

I am going to be gone the second weekend in October (my nephew's son is being married on the 12th) otherwise I should be home and would love to see you.  Did you find any former friends around?  I hope so.

It was nice of you to call and I do hope you'll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment