Tuesday, April 24, 2012

August 28, 1971 (Letter from Kenny)



Well to begin with I can't actually believe that you're not coming back to Buffalo but all power to you.  It must be really great in Cal.  Are you a chef or a short-order cook?  How much are you making?  You must be really tan by now I guess.  I really can't believe you're out there for good.  What did you tell your parents?  They must be pretty upset that you're not finishing school.  You should you schmuck.  Whether you finish at Buffalo but at least take courses at UCLA or something.  You are going to eventually come back to Buff I only to visit aren't you.  How was it hitching that far?  You made pretty good time though.  Enough bullshit for now write me and let me know what th ehell you're doing.  Now the business shit.

This will come as an unpleasant shock but Chris called Herb yesterday to tell him that our apartment was broken into at nite and yes you guess it, they stole your stereo plus some of Dennis' records.  I talked to Chris last nite and told him to call the police and tell them is was discovered SAT morning so you can collect insurance.  You have to either phone or telegram your parents to have them report it RIGHT AWAY.  If you want me to call them, let me know.  I'm really sorry.  It seems it happened between midnite and 3:30.  Chris went to sleep at 12 and Mike came in at 3:30.  They think it was some kid from Snyder, N.Y. you knew so let me know who it is.  Chris heard someone walking around but thought it was Mike.  Take care of this right away shithead.

What's the story with Tony, have you heard anything from him?  I hope he moves in because if not Mausner might and I hate his guts.  I'm going to have to call him to find out but please write back and let me know what you told him and what he told you.  If everything dies (because I refuse to live with Mausner) you might have to cover part of Sept's rent that whoever moves in will not.  It's a remote chance but I'm just preparing you if it comes to that.  Another thing Brenner or Christ or somebody said, you owe $7 for the month's bills so I guess you'll have to write a check but it the money's tight let me know and I"ll cover it for you.

This is important stuff so please let me know what's going on.  You really screwed me up when you left because now I have to face Christ alone but it's really great that you're having good clean American fun(?).  Take care of yourself and let me know what's up.  Sorry this couldn't carry better news but I guess the next letter will.

No comments:

Post a Comment