Thursday, April 5, 2012

May 19, 1970 (Letter from Kathy)

Glad to hear that your plans for Calif have worked out so well so far.  Have you heard anything from the factory?

Is your sprain all better?!  Sob!! Poor Paul.  Seriously though, I hope it's able to carry you around.

Guess this will be the last letter I'll write to you there, but since you're going to be busy in Calif, I won't expect a formal letter, but a postcard at least to let me know how things are.  I'll be here until June 15th and then in Colorado until July 7th -- heaven only knows where I'll be the next week (wherever Gary is stationed) and I start work at home July 20th. 

Because of the strike here and no classes, I went home this past week.  We swtiched the car from Gary's parents to mine, because she won't let me drive it under their name.  So, I hope they are now satisfied!  Gary was so mad -- $43 to transfer just because they are so stubborn.  Gary and I decided not to be practical and we're getting married at the begining of Dec!!  (When he has 10-30 days leave.)  Things are beginning to look great.

I'm a little depressed that I still have 3 1/2 weeks left in this place.  Certainly will be glad to get out of here.  We're fortunate -- we found roommates to sublet for the summer.  Now we're hoping we can get them to give us the security.

Finals are optional.  One of my profs is just taking the midterm grade -- another a pass-fail or the midterm grade, or a letter grade if we take the final.  What a mess this Univ is!

What part of Calif are you planing on going to?  Are you flying?  I was going to go to San Diego this June, but since my borther came h ome, I'm not.

Does your brother still have your car?

Did you know Mark is lifeguarding at the Warren pool this summer?

Well Paul, drop me a line when you get out of all the anxiety about school!!!  Always glad to hear from you.  Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment