Wednesday, April 11, 2012

August 25, 1970 (Letter from Kenny)

This letter will be in duplicate with one sent to Warren and one sent to Minnesota just in case I miss you at one.

I am doing all right and have been having (?) a pretty good time.  I saw the Guess Who last Friday.  The concert started 3 hours late but they were pretty good.  The new Moody Blues album still isn't in the stores here but I've heard parts of it on the radio and it's really good.  The new "Band" albums is good and I'll probably get it within the next week or so, that has been in the stores for awhile now.  Led Zeppelin came out with a new album but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I'm probably going to go up to school Sept 8 or 9 with Chris.  I'm getting tickets to see the Bway show "Company" on Thursday Sept 3.  But the big news is that this Friday on my last day of work when I should be happy and bubbling I won't be.  I have to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted that afternoon (I'm leaving work early) by an oral surgeon with intravenous to put me to sleep and everything.  I know a lot of people how have had it done recently and the pain has been long and hard.  I expect to be OK I hope by Wednesday.  Which leaves us a problem about you calling me.  Try to make it Aug 31 or Sept 1 to make sure hopefully that I'll be able to talk by then, seriously.  I haven't heard from Tony in awhile so I don't know if he found an apartment.  I seriously doubt it, even doubting whether he looked.  I know two people so far who have recently gone up there and found apts with people looking for roommates.  You are welcome to stay with me as long as you like but, although he hasn't said anything, if it becomes awhile Christ will probably get all pissed off.  You really should contact Tony and find out what the story is. If you do go to Buffalo rather than NYC you can still come here Thanksgiving so don't worry, New York will still be waiting for you.  I hope you find something to live in you Polak.  Try to call if you can either from Buffalo or Warren.  Take it easy and write.

P.S.  Tomorrow is Women's Lib Day so I'm not going to wear a bra!  (ha!ha!)  Some women in the park are supposed to burn theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment