Thursday, April 12, 2012

October 13, 1970 (Letter from Mardi)


Hey I'm good at writing letters -- I can't even get around to mailing them.  The only time I remember about mailing your letter is when I'm at work and when I'm at work I forget to get your address while I'm at home so I can mail it from work.  Understand?, not really.

Can you believe how time is just WHIPPING by?  The temp around here this morning was a big 30.  I'm waiting for it to snow any day now.

I talked to Barb last week (guess I told you that), she was sick with a bad cold.  She's still working for that temporary help place which must be a pain-in-the-ass!  It's bad enough getting up for a job you already have.  She has to be at a new place just about every day!  I wouldn't know where half the places were!  I guess they even have a TV now so she can watch "Comedy for Big Kids".  I hope she finds some job (permanent) that she likes soon.

We're going out on the town Friday for old man Anderson's birthday.  We ordered a birthday cake for him so they can bring it out and sing happy birthday!  He told us if we did that he'd leave.  He'll kill us.  We're going with Coleen and Joe.  Ding-a-ling is getting a stereo tape player for his car.  NOT SPOILED!  No wonder we never have any money!  But since he lives in a car longer than anyone I know, he and his hardy crew of paper boys only deserve the best.

Are you coming along with the financial problems?  The last time I saw you you didn't encourage me that you were in the best position concerning money matters.  Just WHERE is Tonawanda anyway?  WHERE are you? Do you take the bus to classes?  Your first class is no where before eleven!  If and when you do become a teacher how in the hall will you get up at 6:30 AM every morning?  Of course, knowing you you'll get a part-time teaching job on M.W.&F.'s from noon till four or something.

Try and write soon.  Have you heard from anyone?

Take care.

We're going to see John Mayall -- Grateful Dead are at the Guthrie Sunday  -- Pray for the repose of the souls of Janis and Jimi.  CLEAN!  May you and Skippy live happily everafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment