Monday, April 23, 2012

August 26, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)



I was really racking my brains out wondering where the fuck you'd end up!

Write and give me all the highlights of your trip out and "California dreamin'" adventures.  By what route did you do?  Shit, I'd never go back to Buffalo!  Will he stay or will he return?  My mother and Mike thought for sure you'd be in Boston, at least that's what Foster said?!  You should send him a "knock" postcard or something!  My mother had to fill out a Peace Corps questionaire for Mike.  She's there "duh".  I'm sure she wrote a decent letter to them though.  I heard on the news that the first Peace Corps volunteer was murdered!! That might scare him off.

Sue Smith has been out here this week and we've really had a good time just seeing old friends we both hadn't seen in awhile.

Well, Tina's getting married Sat.  Mark is getting married Sept 11!  Jodee Scalise I hear is engaged to Bill Andrews that dud!

Barb was home for about four hours -- sure I mean four days.  Her mother went in the hospital when she found a lump in her breast and they removed it and found that cancer had already spread so she's having cobalt treatments. They said it was the "slow spreading" kind.  It's really a shitty thing to have happen.  I'm planing on going out to Boston for a week and then Barb is moving home for a month or two.  I really don't know what's to happen.

Anyway I better get going.  Take care and write soon.

(8/30/71)  Hello again, Sept is almost here!  Have you made any major decisions lately?  I must get to work now, so write soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment