Saturday, April 21, 2012

July 3, 1971 (Letter from Chris)



You must be really horny!  What did you do with my Playboy -- rip out the pictures and hang them on the wall?  As of today I still haven't received my July issue-- which you said you would forward.  This mean one of two t hings -- either you are a liar, and you haven't mailed it, or you did send it and it has been lost in the mail. Anyway -- that isn't what I wrote to tell you.

I really wrote to tell you that I am now, at this very moment, suffering from a disease that affects the gums, throat and mucous membranes of my mouth.  It is also known as TRENCH MOUTH!  I woke up this morning and found that my gums were swollen and red.  I brushed my teeth and they bled like crazy.  So I went to the dentist that afternoon and he said that I was developing trench mouth.  He cleaned my mouth out, put me on high potency vitamins and penicillin, and now I have to go back again in a week.

This is not all that's wrong.  It seems that at the same time, I developed infections on two of my fingers.  And this  morning I woke up with a fever.  So if things don't clear up in two more days -- off I go to the hospital for tests.

Of course this couldn't have happened at a better time.  It is a holiday weekend and I'm going to miss two days of work.  What's worse -- Judi's parents are leaving Monday for an entire week -- and I'll probably be sick the whole damn time.

So how are you?  Still giving blood?  Someone told me that you can get very sick from that because your resistance is low.  Now I'm having second thoughts about it.

It's really boring in the city.  I can't wait to get back to Buffalo.  At least there's something to do at the school.  I haven't been able to see one concert this summer, because of the hours I work..  Have there been any decent things happening in Buffalo?

What happened to the Allentown folk festival?

Write to me someday.  I like to get mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment