Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 16, 1971 (Letter from Gail)


It was really great to hear from you.  I started to write to you once, but when I went to address the envelope I couldn't find your address, so that blew that.

It's been a long time, I was really glad to hear that things are going good for you.  I guess I could say that things are going ok for me, too.  It's been a rough semester though, course wise, that is.  I've got two math courses, Coll Alg., and Psych Statistics and they are really getting me down.  It makes me mad, because last semester was so good for me.  I'm a psychology major, and it's just a bit rougher than I thought.  But I guess if I make it through this semester, I'll be ok.

I went to see "The Grateful Dead" at Allegheny College last nite.  They played from 8:00pm to 1:00am.  It was unbelievable, all the kids that were there.  You'll never guess who sat in front of me -- Gary Porter -- remember him -- he graduated with us?  He's gotten really freaky, he's letting his hair grow, has wire rims, and was even with a girl!  He was up dancing and clapping his hands!  Right on Gary!  A couple months ago I saw "James Gang" and "Steel River" at Gannon in Erie.  They were really good too!  I liked Steel River best.  "Chicago" was at ESC in February.  They gave such a horrible concert.  I think they played for a total of an hour!  It was really poor.  But that's Edinboro, always bringing in the best groups.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think I'm going to be in any exciting places this summer.  I applied at the State Hospital for a job, which I hope desperately that I get.  If I don't, well, I'll probably end up back at Tiny Town (God forbid) or commuting back and forth to Edinboro (with Barb Check) taking a course or two.  As it is I'm not going to graduate till August 1972 anyways so it doesn't matter what I do this summer.  I would really like the job, for the money, but things are tight and I'm afraid I"ll be squeezed out.

I'm going down to Penn State tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with Leslie.  It's going to feel good to get away from this place.  I wanted to go to Florida over Easter but we only had 5 days off and I couldn't afford to cut classes, so I didn't go.  I went home and helped by uncle out in the store and sat on my ass the rest of the time.  It was Passover too that weekend and my sister and her husband and baby were home, so I guess the vacation wasn't a total loss.

What's with Mike and the rest of the gang.  I guess Renee and Morrey were home for Passover but I didn't get to see them.  I guess Renee lost lbs.  Good for her.  I hope she keeps it up.  Right!

Well Paul, I guess that's all my news for now.  Write back when you can. I'll be here till May 21st. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment