Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 22, 1970 (Letter from Gail)


Happy Earth Day!  What did you do today my friend, to help stop the spread of pollution?  I think today I drove my car and littered more than I ever have!  I had the car all evening till about 11:00 and most of the afternoon and with the three cigarette buts, 3 matches, 1 ice cream wrapper that I deposited out of my car window, I'd say I did a great deal to help pollution spread!  I think this whole Earth day thing was a bit much -- it has a good cause -- but a corny way to show it.  EOC had a big program lined up.  Did UB do anything?  Or did they have another riot with smoke bombs and all?  I guess the riot situation at Penn State is really getting bad.  I hope Leslie stays clear of it all.

Nothing much has happened around here lately, for a change.  Over East break (we had a week) I went to Arlington Va and spent the week with my sister and brother-in-law and my new nephew.  My sister had a baby so I went down to give her a hand.  I stayed from Thurs to Thurs.  I had a great time.  My nephew is the greatest!  I love him so much.  I hated to leave him.  I left Wash National Airport at 6:00PM Thurs nite and never got into Bradford till 10:30AM Friday.  15 hrs. late.  You'll never guess what happened!  The plane couldn't land in Bradford cuz of strong winds, I guess the area had a terrible snowstorm that nite, so the plane was gonna land in Erie.  But we couldn't land there cuz the runway was completely ice covered, so we flew on to Cleveland and we spent the night there, or else we would've gone on to Detroit where that flight originates!  There were 7 of us that were supposed to get off in Bradford so we all stuck together like glue.  The airlines put us up in a beautiful motel for the nite and we took an 8:45AM flight the next morning.  There was a girl around my age in our group and she and I shared a room.  I was so thankful she was there and vice versa.  But I had a terrific time, it was a little tense for awhile, still I enjoyed it.  If I had the chance I'd do it again this weekend.  It was an experience I'll never forget and am glad it happened!

I can't believe we only have 3 more weeks of school and 1 week of finals left.  It all went so fast!  When are you finished?  That would be fabulous if you and Mike could go to Calif for the summer.  Oh wow!  I have to take a course at summer school so I'll be stuck in Warren and at Tiny Town again for another summer.  But I swear it's gonna be the last one!!!

Mark will be home this summer so at least I'll have a little company.

Went to Edinboro last wk and made out my schedule for next fall.  It worked out pretty good -- at least I'm satisfied with it now.  Wait, tho.

Well, it's 1:00am.  Guess I'll catch a few winks now.  Take care of yourself and write soon.

P.S.  Please, Paul, be careful of those girls in 482B -- you can never tell what might happen?  Blue painted faces at 5:00am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment