Monday, April 9, 2012

June 29, 1970 (Letter from Kenny)

Well shithead like I always said Minnesota and California are just like twins.  Sorry I haven't written sooner but I have been working.  I got a job as a mailroom clerk and other things in the biggest investment survey house in the world.  It's really interesting, especially to me so I was really lucky.  I've been working 2 wks. (9-5 35 hrs/week) 2.50 an hour and I usually work about 38 hours instead of 35.  Glad to hear that you got a job.  Hope you're having a good time.  I haven't gotten in touch with Mike yet because I lost his number and can't get it from the operator.

Saturday night I saw Chicago.  It was the greatest concern I have ever seen.  Blodwyn Pig was also there and they are pretty good.  Some other group the Jerry Hahn Brotherhood was also there and they weren't bad.  The concert was at Fillmore East the late show which was supposed to start at 11:30 but started a little after 12.  It lasted until a quarter to four.  They started with "25 or 6 to 4" and sang all sides 2 and 3 except "Fancy Colors" plus "In the Country" and another one from the second album.  Also side 1 and I'm a Man from the first.  Also a couple of new ones.  It just built and built and their last bit was the entire side "Make Me Smile" which tore the place apart.  Their traditional encore was I'm a Man which everyone was standing and clapping.  Then they came back again and improvised and then they even turned the amps off but had to come back again because everyone was standing and screaming.  They did over an hour in encores.

Hey listen about you coming down, great.  My mother will be gone from July 25 for 3 weeks but I'll be working but you can come then if you want.  Otherwise how about Sept. 45 or so because I'll be finished with work and will be going to school about the 10th or 11th.

Oh yeah, don't do anything stupid like marrying Mardi this summer huh.  Regards to all and write if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment