Wednesday, April 11, 2012

September 18, 1970 (Letter from Barb Lucia)


Hi there cutie -- it's your jet-set penpal writing from Boston, Mass -- Roxbury, to be exact.  Good section to live in, if you like winos sleeping on mattresses in the bushes down the street and greasers standing on every corner.  Oh, it's good to be bakc - the house is really nice -- we have the whole second floor w/ porch overlooking the river and Huntingdon Ave -- it was shit for the first week -- raining, no heat, no refrigerator, no phone, etc. etc.  Everything has since shaped up -- we have a phone, etc., still no beds -- it's been sleeping bag for me and will probably stay that way till I get some money.  Have been happily job-hunting for 3 days -- everything I've found I wouldn't want on a silver platter -- I hope I find something I like before the money runs out.

Hi -- I'm back.  Just talked to Mardi and Bill and they're sitting in on a Friday nite with eight cents -- so nothing is new.  They got stuck paying both rents and you know how well they handle money.

Oh it's 9:00 on a Friday nite and Creedence Clearwater is at Boston Gardens tonite -- of course we couldn't get tickets.  They probably won't be back here for a year or so.  Shit -- oh well, "that's life", Paul.

Did you listen to the radio today?  Jimi Hendrix is dead!  I guess it was from an O.D. -- that's sick.  The "Foxey Lady" man -- that stuff is just sick.  Such cheerful news on the radio every day -- all these kids -- why would anybody shoot heroin?  Why why?!  Duh.

As I sign off from our "clean" little household -- hope this finds you settled and happy back in school -- 9 more months of peanut better sandwiches -- you'll make it.  Write when you can.  Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment