Wednesday, April 18, 2012

June 17, 1971 (Letter from Chris)



I got your letter yesterday, so let's take care of business before I tell you about all my summer pleasures.

First, I will (or by this time) will have taken care of the phone bill.  You said that you would reimburse me for the calls not belonging to me, Herb, Ken, or Eric.  There are only two.

5/26  Reynoldsburg, Ohio.   614-864-0610
6/02  Rochester, NY           716-458-7268

This means you (or our sublets) owe me $1.80.  However I owe you $5.00 for the electric bill.  Therefore -- to make things easy I have enclosed $5.00 - $1.80 = $3.20.  Simple -- huh?  With the $3.20 everything should be clear now except for the May gas bill which you should get one of these days.  Let me know how much w will ow you when you get it.

There is really nothing much to tell you.  I got a job in a restaurant as second cook.  I work out on the hearth cooking N.Y. strip steaks, filets, lobster tails, and cutting prime ribs.  It is an interesting job -- but pay is lousy $2.00/hr and I  haven't gotten my promised raise yet.  Tonight was exciting because we had a fire on the hearth.  The grease set on fire and the automatic alarm system and extinguisher went off.  What a racket.  We watched as 300 people ran and walked out of the restaurant.  Many of them left without paying their bills.

When I get back to school -- the last week in August -- I'm going to try to get a job at Scotch and Sirloin or Sizzle Steak.  Right now I'm working T, W, F, Sat, Sun from 3-10 or 4-11 or 12.  That leaves me no time to do anything.  Except go to the beach in the day.

I hope that everything is fine in Buffalo.  Also, since Dennis and Mike are living there, it wouldn't hurt if they cut the lawn (BACK LAWN ALSO) instead of you.  All I can say is I sure as hell don't want to have to come home and clean up the entire kitchen, bathroom, and living room.  I'll let Kenny and Herb do it.

I will be sending my $50 rent and Herb's $10 soon.

Will write again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment