Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 21, 1970 (Letter from Anne)

Sorry I haven't written but you would never believe what's been happening around here for the past 2 months.

First of all, me and some friends of mine split to Spread Eagle and stayed there for awhile.  Then we sensed things getting a little tense so we split back to Chicago.  When we got back one of the chick's parents had the cops out after us so we had to split up from the guys.  We all finally went back.  The reason I left was cuz of hassles with the old girl and a few other people.  Things got even worse when I came back so I split again.  This time I took clothes and shit never to return.  One day I ran into Fritz and he told me the old lady had two warrants for my arrest out on me.  So I figured this was as good as time as any so I scraped up some quick cash and flew down to San Francisco.  I called this chick I knew down there so she came to get me.  Her old lady started giving me a really big hassle after the first day so I split with her older brother and we took off up the coast.  We stayed about a week at one of the state beaches, which was really nice.  Then I met this cat who took me in and everything was cool until I got caught swipin a pack of damn cigarettes.  They found out I was from Chicago and also found out that the state had 2 warrants out on me.  So I spent a week in jail there then they shipped me back to Chicago where I spent another week in jail and I am out now on one year's probation and the worst part is a seven o'clock curfew.  What a drag!  Let me tell ya!  It's really a bummer when you know your friends are out living it up on a Friday and Saturday nite and you're sitting home watching dumb TV.  I have to go back to court May 13 an dust maybe they'll lift my 7:00 curfew.  I sure hope so I can't take much more.

I guess everybody knew I went to California cuz kids I don't even know come up to me and ask me how it was and shit.  But I just tell them it was really beautiful out there.  The mountains are fantastic.  One of the guys I met took me for a ride thru the mountains.  It was supposed to be a short ride and turned out to be most of the day.  I thought it was really far out when you were up there at nite and you could see all the lites down in the valley.  It was just beautiful.  I'm gonna go back there when this business is over.  The thought of ruining a beautiful life for a lousy pack of cigarettes.  I had a job and everything.  Just didn't have any money on me at the time.  But what can I say!

Otherwise, everything's fine around here.  The people around her can't stand me and think my mother doesn't realize how wild I am.  That's a bunch of shit.  Man!  This town is the biggest Peyton Place.  Even the lady pigs in California are a hell of a lot better than the ones out there.  When I was in jail in Chicago one of the matrons wold me to scrub out the bathtub.  I told her I couldn't cuz there wasn't any cleanser.  She says (she was colored) "That's tust ruff titty baby, there's nothing I can do about it".   So I said how could I ash it.  So the dumb bitch says I was talkin back and threw me in isolation for 4 days.  At first I was going crazy.  Then I finally got used to it and just slept all day.  I couldn't wait to get out of there.  Shit!  What a rat trap!  I sure as hell hope I never have to go thru that again.  Some quack or one of my old lady's attorneys (she's got about 50) called the assistant states attorney and told him to make sure I was thrown in the can for at least 3 months.    I talked to him after that and talked him out of it.  What a bunch of jerks man!  Somebody waves a $100 bill in their face and they'll do what ever you ask.  Shows how much justice is done in this damn nation.  But there's really not much a person could do about it.

I'm back in school.  I go to a Catholic high and go from 8:00 to 11:00 then take a run over to Harper Jr. College and take Public Speaking and Speech.  The college is about 2 miles from where I live.  I don't know why I'm taking these damn courses at Harper.  Crap!  I go to classes twice a week -- to get the assigned speech and to give it.  The rest of the days I don't even bother to show.  They are supposed to keep me out of trouble.  Ha!

Well, gotta go.  Take care and write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment