Monday, April 16, 2012

March 22, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)

Hi kid!  Your really on a writing spree aren't you?  Two letters in a row!  March really improved your spirits.  I admit January and February are shitty but I wouldn't go as far to say March has cured your ills!  But I'm glad to hear you're over your ills.  How did March actually prove to be?  I guess it was ok.  January, Feb. and Mar this year certainly have gone fast.

Anderson and I have found an apartment.  As a matter of fact, this was the apartment we had seen for rent exactly a year ago but were too late to get.  The place is a great deal.  It's furnished (completely) (except for TV and stereo, etc), it's right on the bus line, Lake Calhoun is six short blocks away, a "shopping" center is around the corner -- small stores.  The area is residential and the apartment is in a 4-plex so it's not huge.  It's so much more convenient.  The place is pretty big, a log bigger than Lake Street.  It's long like Renee's parents place.  (Oh, my mother was talking to Mrs. Shulman and I guess Renee is losing weight.  She's lost 20 lbs so far.  Of course she'll have to lose about 120 more for it to do any good.)  Did you get all that?  I write such spontaneous letters!  Anderson and I are trying to get ahead here.  So we figure the apt. will be a lot better all around.  Home sweet home.  NO ONE is staying with us this summer -- the understatement of the year probably.  I don't think I'll give my address to anyone like Barney or Mohney!!  But you know if you ever are passing by you can stop in.  You'll have to take out the garbage and cook dinner and clean and iron and wash etc.  OK?  Just kidding!  SURE!

Nothing fantastic happening here.  Enough though.  Last night was our usual Sunday night w/ Comedy for Big Kids w/ a W. C. Fields movie followed by the Marx Brothers.  Unfortunately, no 3 Stooges!  YICK.  I will never forget your awful laughing at those 3 Stooges!!!

I'm sitting here completely bored.  I always get all my work done by 4:30 on Monday nights and I still have 2 1/2 hours to go!  I should be studying for my class tomorrow, but I'm not in the mood!  I can't wait till I'm done w/ classes -- I'm getting spring fever and it's impossible for me to concentrate on "Financial Lending".  YICK  It was a great course in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb but I'm getting ants in my drawers now!  Plus I'm just dying to get out in the sun.  I definitely have to go up and see Barb in May or June for a couple of days then I want to go South w/ my mother, Mr. S. and Bill some time.  I'm really contemplating moving to Florida in about 1 yr for good.  If I can line up a job at a bank I'll be fine.  Only Anderson would have to find a job too because I would feel guilty about leaving him here to freeze to death.

I must close before someone sets me to work!

Take care and write soon?  When are you through with school for the year?  "Have you any idea where you'll go?"  Just don't listen to anyone else's plans!  You know how that goes?!!!!

I guess my mother was talking to Mike and Dody -- they are both home for vacation!  I haven't heard from either one since Xmas.

Hope I can see ya soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment