Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 20, 1970 (Letter from Barb Lucia)


Well, it's another afternoon at work, this time it's a different place, different, city, but the same old shit -- work, eat, sleep, go out... there is nothing to do in the winter but be a dud, no matter where you are of what the hell you're doing!

It'll be two weeks tomorrow I've been here-- the first week was an absolute hell -- after running around w/ everybody, I still got to walk around and get lost 3 thousand times in Boston -- you should have seen me -- taking subways, buses, walking and walking and walking -- I'm there, Hey! Neat!  Of course, none of my interviews worked out so here I am working in an office again.  I didn't want this job but the guy kept calling me up and I didn't know what to say, so I took it.  For a grand total of $85 a week, I'll never get rich.

Well, enough of this money-minded materials, straight-city talk -- other than that, things are great.  I'm still living with Carol in her apartment, sleeping on her couch -- there are 4 of us there and it's a little crowded -- I must get my ass moving and find a place -- I am so helpless when it comes to this stuff.  I went down to Harvard Square last nite and got a "Boston After Dark" and looked -- I'm there Duh!  I got lost trying to come home on the subway -- geez, that's the first time that happened -- perverts to the left, perverts to the right -- I'll never be Ratso Rizzo.

What are you doing besides school (blah) -- working? (blah).  When's your spring break?  You really should go somewhere this year.  Bermuda?  Florida?  The Bahamas?  Warren?  Everybody's always talking about what they're doing th is summer -- help!  I don't even know what I'm doing now!

I wrote a letter to Mardi at Bill's in Mpls.  I imagine that's where she is!  I know she's not working yet -- when will we all see each other again?  Renee's wedding is only a few weeks off and I'm almost sure I won't be able to make it.  Not to mention that I didn't get an invitation, but I will try to send her a present anyway; it's not every day you get married!

Do you realize it's almost summer?  Today is beautiful -- of course it might have changed since I went out at noon - - we don't even have windows here-- now hear this -- I have successfully wasted an entire year and will probably do so again -- Paul, when you're rich and famous, will you still talk to me?  I'll probably be carhopping down on the Bowery -- Mardi will be an airline stewardess, Joan will have 6 kids, oh, I can't stand it....

You better write me a line or two soon, at least before your vacation -- I get lonely sometimes her e-- I fell like I'm running a one-man show and I am such a ding-a-ling anyway.  Take care.  How's Kenny.  Heave you been visiting the music room lately?  Last nite Carol and I got out the pipe, but it didn't do a thing for me -- maybe I should go find a music room.

No comments:

Post a Comment