Tuesday, April 17, 2012

May 7, 1971 (Letter from Barb Lucia)



Hi there you freak -- how are you doing?  The whole scene here has changed completely since you were her e-- all of a sudden out of 3 weeks of rain, today popped up -- hot and sunny, as if its' been summer for at least 6 months.  Of course everybody had to rush outside and hang out in the sun -- it's so rare to have sun in Boss-town!  All other shit is about the same -- Pam has settled down somewhat -- the crisis are only about once a month.  We had a giant quarrel and eve since have been getting along pretty well -- if we didn't live together we'd get along super -- too bad about that.  Doreen is roving around the country side every weekend singing with the band.  I never see her on weekends but she usually leaves me her car for the weekend so I'm not grounded.  Things are really dead.  I know some day soon I'm just going to bolt, pack up my belongings, take Harry and stick out my thumb toward the Cape.  Wait and see -- the job things is the hassle -- I haven't spoken to "the man" about it yet -- I haven't any plans - -so what can I tell him?  Fuck.  How are your plans -- will it be Buffalo for the summer?  I imagine you're right in the middle of papers, finals, etc.  I had to do one paper for my class and it was such an effort -- I can't imagine being in school full-time now!  You know when you were sick in February?  Well, I had the same shit all this week -- my throat was hanging out -- I got a Dr's appointment and got some penicillin -- he thought it might be mono and I could see myself in bed all summer! -- but I don't think it is.  Such shit.  All I did this week was rest after work, and work on my paper.  I went out last nite to a party at Teddy's -- forgot what it's like to go out.  Got stoned and generally hung out.

Did I tell you I went home -- I guess I did, huh?  The week after you were here.  I really enjoyed being home for the weekend -- now how's that for culture shock?  I visited Mrs. P, went up to Rimrock and clonked around -- - it was nice, didn't mind it at all.  I tried to call Joan from home but couldn't locate her so I called her after I got back.  She had just gotten home from work (at a store) and sounded pretty good.  1st thing she asked me was if I saw her mother.  Now how could I see her mother -- they wouldn't let me in the house I'm sure.  Joan's heard from her father and from Carol but of course her mother is being a martyr -- I know that it really bothers Joan -- I wish her mother would give in a little -- what a jerk she is.

Well, I am the last one left in the office -- this 9-5 is for shit when it's nice out -- what's up for the weekend -- ever since I've been sick all I've wanted to do is rest -- get out of my rocker and go.

Me and Nancy went to the Vineyard one weekend just looking around and froze our asses off at nigh t-- things do not look encouraging for a job there -- but when do things ever look encouraging -- the thing is to go it and if it doesn't work out -- move on.  Right?  Duh.  I don't know.

I wonder how things are with the Minneapolis people -- haven't heard from Mardi in awhile -- if they go to the Bahamas or Florida with Mr. Sayles I'll kill Mardi!  Not that I want to go to Florida, but I just want to go somewhere.  If Anderson ever saves the money he should get a gold medal; and a slap on the back -- what a superhuman feat!  Everyone seems so far away -- all the people I want to see are halfway across the fucking country and here I am going to work every day -- doo-doo-doo.   As you may be able to tell, I am discouraged about the whole deal -- and any words of wisdom are appreciated.  I just feel that nothing will ever go right -- and if they do -- it will only be for a little while -- blah.  Forget all this schlopp and have a happy spring -- write soon and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment