Monday, April 16, 2012

February 18, 1971 (Letter from Barb Lucia)

Hi there boobie -- have you forgotten your long lost roomie -- due to my great letter writing lately, I am losing every friend I ever had!

How's your semester going?  My life is at its usual February peak -- whoopee.  Both my roommates are away all this week -- one is a teacher and gets the week off and Pam has the week off too -- so they're tripping the light fantastic around the countryside -- so it's me and the dog holding things down here.  I am still spaced from last weekend -- duh!  I went up to Maine with a chick friend and stayed at a farmhouse 2/ a million freaks -- loaded from the word go.  I've never seen so much dope in one place -- bricks and bricks or hash on the kitchen table, canisters of grass, a canister of cocaine (powder) -- another one of orange acid -- what a freaky weekend.  I was waking up at night getting hits in my sleep -- they were doing cocaine but I passed on that one -- stuck with the smoke and the hash brownies.  They had a little kid about 2 years old who was up all night tripping-- she got into the acid.  Hey, safe!  I drove home through the mounds of snow not knowing shit -- duh!  And I was driving a standard which took my utmost concentration just to stay on the road.  This week itself was quiet -- I finally went to a doctor and got some BCP pills -- now in case I ever screw again -- oh such immoral lives we lead.  Speaking of the famed subject -- I got a letter form Mrs. Joan Stevens of Fayetteville, N. Carolina -- know her?  Yes, Joanie Pic did it -- she had a miscarriage while still at Clarion.  She sounds good in the letter.  I'm still freaked by the whole thing.  I heard through the Warren grapevine that Margie and Ward have completely disinherited her of the family fortunate.  Did you ever meet Freddie?  I can't remember if you did or not.  God, I can just see Joan's parents when she told them -- I guess Joan will never be in Warren again!  True to our predictions, Renee was 1st, then Joan -- now it's a toss-up between Tina and Mardi.  I don't know if Bill and Mardi will even bother to get married.  Can you see Anderson at a wedding -- not bombed!

So much for Joan and Renee and Mark.  When's he getting hitched?  I wish Mrs. P and Mr. Sayles would have a wedding so we could go to it but if they do get married, I don't think they'll have a big deal.

More news from the home front -- Timmy flunked out of Edinboro.  I don't know how that can be done but he did it.  So now he's home and happy about it.  He has to get a job and pay back a $400 bank loan cause he didn't get his state money naturally since he didn't pass.  My father is there, "Well, that's three out of three!"  He's so witty!  Of course, we're all so stable anyway.  Timmy is making me look sensible lately.  Of course, I haven't done anything drastic lately either.  What's up for the summer?  Or should I ask?  I've got the urge for going but I also have got a good job (I don't believe I just said that -- oh I've got a good job!)  Of course I won't decide anything until the summer is upon us -- can't feature a pleasant summer in Roxbury, with the garbage, heat, etc.  Yech, I'd have to have a damn good reason to stay here and I don't have a good reason!  So there.

Mardi and Bill are looking for a new place (that's new) -- they still have no money.  Hey, dink, did you get my valentine -- I'm so cute, sending valentines -- I even sent none to Mrs. P cause I knew she'd send me one.

Well, kiddo, have to close now -- just hang in there till spring.  Mardi says she's coming out here in the spring -- hell will freeze over too.  If you get a vacation you come too -- you're always welcome and we could all be together again -- wouldn't that be neato, Paul?  (Take out the garbage!)  Take care and write.  Peace and love and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment