Sunday, April 15, 2012

February 8, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)


Here I sit on a Monday night at work without a damn thing to do.  I have just completed a letter to my mother and one to Barb.

I'm glad to hear you are experiencing good times in Buffalo.  I give you credit for surviving there this long!  How you can stand it is beyond me -- it's just that Buffalo has always been a bad scene for me every time! Except, of course, the time we visited you!  Let me make myself perfectly clear -- I HATE BUFFALO!

All is well in Minneapolis at least for the time being.  Anderson has been at his job now for over 1 year and I'll be going on my 11th month March 2nd!  What is the world coming to?  It's starting to scare me!  But I could never let go of this job now!  With school and work it really doesn't seem so awfully bad.  Not like I had visions of anyway!  No matter how hard I try though I cannot picture you student teaching.  Anderson and I were trying to visualize i t-- IMPOSSIBLE.

I can't remember what I've written to you -- I don't think too much since it's been quite awhile.  Anderson and I missed a chance of a lifetime when we missed Neil young in concert at the Guthrie.  Everyone was protesting because the Guthrie only holds about 1700 and you can't get a bad seat.  But they never advertised and they were sold out the same day tickets went on sale.  So we went down and protested with everyone else and like everyone else we didn't get in.  Richard Havens is at the Depot in about 2 weeks and Sly is here.  I'd like to see Havens and so would Anderson.

I have to close up BIG letter huh!?

Still haven't heard from Joan.  She and Freddie probably skipped town or the country.

Word has it that Barney might be coming out again and I just couldn't live through that again!

I must go and have a ciggie.  How's the non smoker coming along?

Take care, I promise to write a longer letter soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment