Wednesday, April 11, 2012

August 25, 1970 (Letter from Dody)


It sounds as if you're really ready to go back to school.  Well, join the group.  For the past 3 days, I've been so "school sick" that I just haven't got the ambition to do a thin.  I'll really be glad to get back.

I met another girl 4 weeks ago from DuBois.  I don't really know what will become of it but it's fun while it lasts.  We communicate real good.  She's 5'3", blond, and has an impish mischievious smile.

My brother (John) came home from Alaska about 2 weeks ago.  He was here for about 5 or 6 days.  At the most he'll be up there for 9 more months.  Then no one knows where he'll go.

I paid my first semester last week and it looks like New York has to wait for awhile.  They raised my tuition so I'll be working right up until I go back.  (Hey, this summer's getting to be too much like work!!)

By the end of August I should have the American Legion just about finished.  As for the State Hospital--.  Today I shoveled cow shit for about 5 hrs.  That's what I call a lot of bull----!

Amy Baker called the other day about being an usher for Grant Geer in his wedding in April.  She seems to  be pretty happy about their marriage.  All I can say is good luck.

Kathy Schneider and Gary Tuller are getting married sometime in December.  I saw her about 1 1/2 weeks ago and she's also pretty happy about it.

Hey, how's it feel to be free?  I think it's a pretty good feeling.  Life's too short to mess it up with marriage so early in one's life.  Notice I said the above statement softly because the love bug strikes people between the ages of 18 and 26.  (Draft age.)

My botany professor and hopefully my future fraternity brother were here when I got home from work today.  He brought his sailboat and he's going up to Kinzua for two days.  Unfortunately I couldn't go.  But, eh said that in a couple weeks he'll be up again and then we can go out for about 2 or 3 days.  Nothing like brownie points, huh??

Dad put a deck out in back of the house this summer and he's also having aluminum siding put on our house on Oak Street.

All in all this summer's been pretty lousy with very little time to enjoy oneself.  Maybe next summer will be better.  Here's hoping.

My address for school should be the same but I'll let you know for sure.  Are you going home before you go or what??  Let me know so that we can get together and go over things.

Take care and write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment