Saturday, April 14, 2012

November 18, 1970 (Letter from Barb Lucia)

It's a bleak, windy and rainy November day and again I sit and wonder "What in the hell am I doing here???"  Have have you been?  I talked to Mardi Monday night -- get this -- she and Anderson are now in Las Vegas for a week, starting today.  Bill won the trip from the Star-Tribune, since he's such a lousy district manager.  But they'll get the last screw in the end because he has to work Christmas Day, so can't come home to Warren, Pa 16365!  Maybe he ca get out of it somehow, knowing Anderson.

I'm pretty sure I'm going home for Thanksgiving -- I'll be flying the nite of Wed, the 25th -- one week from today.  Will you be anywhere around Buffalo then?  I could really dig a ride home with you, since no telling where Timmy is and if he can come and my Dad doesn't know how to get there.  Will you call me and let me know?  You can call collect say, Sunday nite -- late.  I should be able to stay home Thurs-Fri-Sat and leave Sun. So I'll be sure to see you then -- we can go to Shorty's stoned for a real bummer.  I might bring a guy home -- he will freak at the sights and sounds of downtown Warren, Pa, "Hooterville" -- what can I say?  It's going to be ugly there now -- blah!  Sometimes I even wish we were back on Lake Street in 95 degrees bitching about who should take out the garbage -- where shall we live next summer?  California?!  There's nothing new to report from her e-- nothing is uglier than Boston in the winter except Buffalo in the winter.  Yech.

Take care, se you next week sometime -- will we be graced with Mike and Mark's presence this Thanksgiving, not to mention Joan -- old friends -- ???

No comments:

Post a Comment