Wednesday, April 11, 2012

August 11, 1970 (Letter from Kenny)

Hi there shithead.  What's new?  I am sitting at my desk at work with about ten minutes to kill before I have to go and get some more mail so I figured I'd get the letter off to you I've been wanting to write for some time now.

Yesterday "Sam Goody" a big record store started their annual inventory sale, the prices aren't great (2.94, 3.44) but adequate.  The best thing is that absolutely everything is on sale not just a few.  I bought Bridge Over Trouble Water, Bread, Creedence's new one, and Live at Leeds (Who) and they're all great.  Bread is really the kind of record that grows on you and will probably be one of my favorites before the end of the summer.  Lauren got the Woodstock album and it's really good.  I"ll probably be getting a few more before long.

How is everything there?  Not much is doing here, I got wrecked Saturday night and my mother will be coming home Thursday (89/13) so not much more dope.  I might go see the Guess Who in Central Park in a couple of weeks.  Also will see the Met-Braves game on Aug 26.  This weekend I'm either going to see "Getting Straight" "Joe' or "Woodstock".

Before I forget you Polak you have my Buffalo Springfield album because the one I have is your corroded one with the bad track.

The main thing I want to talk to you about is when you are coming down.  I have a reservation for Sept 9 but hope to get a ride back instead.  If Herbie doesn't go with Chris I probably will although I'd prefer not to because I know he wouldn't be able to take enough of my stuff (mainly my stereo).  So here's my plan.  If you can come down as early as possible in September that would be best, say be the third so that we'll have about a week to screw around unless you don't want to spend that long in "the big city".  What would be really good is if you could drive your little Mustang here.  You would first off save money as opposed to planes and we could both drive back to Buffalo together and I could get my stereo up there.  It's all hypothetical so let me know what you think and nayu suggestions as soon as you can because I'm going to have to make some kind of plan.  I know the trip down here is long, so it's up to you.

I'm home now and have just about run out of things to say, oh yeah I told Tony to get us all tickets for the Jet-Bills game, I'm sure you will want to go but if not we can get rid of it.

That's about it for now big kid, take it easy and regards to Mardi.  Write as soon as you learn how.

No comments:

Post a Comment