Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 8, 1970 (Letter from Gail)


One night (a couple of wks ago) I was watching TV about 11:00 and the news came on, as I was about to turn the channel, they started showing films of the campus and their riots.  I sat -- glued to the TV.  My mother says -- "Doesn't Paul go there?"  I said yeah!  All I could think of was that I hope Paul's not involved in that.  I beet your parents were kinda upset.  I was.  I hope everything's settled down by now.  I'm sorta glad ECO is so damn small and queer now.  The kids over here wouldn't have the guts to do something like that.  Another thing is that there is really nothing to complain about because there is nothing!!!!!!!


I hope you've recovered from your "accidents".  That's a dirty shame.

Leslie came home for the weekend so we went to DeMarco's last nite.  It was lousy!  Fri nite Sheryl Larson, Pat Suppa, and I went up and had a great time.  The place was jammed and really alive.  Last nite it was -- bleck!  I was home by 11;30.  Guess who was there, tho?  Mardi and Barb L.  I was surprised to see them. I didn't talk to them, tho.

Les told me that she talked to Mark last week and he said he's bringing that Sherry chick home for Easter or spring break or something.  But anyways, it's for 2 weeks.  I can't wait to see her.  See what she looks like?  Have you seen her?  I got a letter from Dody yesterday.  He's fine and school's going fine.  Said the social life stinks.  But I guess Lou went up there this weekend.  So it couldn't be as bad as he says.  Right?

Guess what?  My sister called us yesterday and I'm an aunt!  I can't believe it.  I'm so happy!  They had a little 5 lb. baby boy, Michael David.  I can't wait to see him.  But they're in Arlington, Va.  So it mite be awhile.  We celebrated last nite on my new position as "aunt".

Well kiddo, be good and take care of yourself.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment