Monday, April 23, 2012

July 19, 1971 (Letter from Kenny)



 Well it's finally happened, all those hot nights at Gleason's and the Galaxie have finally shown their effects on your poor down-trodden brain.  It took me about ten minute to realize the old pogo Nelson meant A.M. (meaning morning) when he wrote ayem and a quick check showed that Buffalo must be the same place as Buphalo.  Oh well it's all right just drink lots of warm milk and have the Polish kid tell you lots of stories.

The bit with Pattie and Merry and their apartment is about over with Mr. Mann decided they could stay as long as he is invited to their nursing school orgies.  I talked to Chris last week for the second time this summer and he is as wonderful and loving as ever.  HE said he'll be going to Buffalo around Aug 20th which means he'll change his mind at least four more times before he finally goes.  Seems he wants to work for a week there, maybe even in your little haven, the lovely, enchanting Blue Galaxie.  Somehow I think big chef Lauer is going to end up being the head waiter at McDonald's.

I heard from Herbie for the second time finally after more than a month and I"m happy to report that he's isn't lying dead in Baghdad with his Sammy jacket on.  He says he likes his job and he's having a really good time. He said he was going to ask some German girl to go to a German movie with him, imagine that, our little 17 yr old Herbie.  I also got a card from Jane and was quite shocked, I don't even remember when the last time was that I saw her lovely face (sigh!).  As you most probably know the Mets are playing some fine baseball and me and some of my friends challenged them, but they only wanted to play underhand pitching.  Some shmucks from Pennsylvania are leading the league.

Speaking of leagues (were we, I didn't know that) I'm in a baseball league in Wantagh on Friday nights.  It's really well organized; under the lights, referees, uniforms, even a few slutty cheerleaders.  Last Friday was the first tame and with 2 1/2 minutes left we were up by 9 but in true Tuchman fashion we lot by 2.  I'm really beginning to think I'm a jinx.

The past weekend I went bicycle riding on a bicycle built for two, it was great, I thought I was going to kill  myself.

How is Tony tell him to write me sometime, I haven't read anything Polish since Dostoyevski (holy shit I can't believe I said that, I think you're rubbing off on me.)

Bruno is in the process of buying a car, what kind he's not sure of.  Lauren't family just got a new Duster for $2575, not bad, she's supposed to get the car a year from September.

They've had a bunch of concerts in New York recently but I haven't gone to any.  Oh well enough said tomorrow work when I hopefully will mail this.  Write soon and don't forget to brush your teeth after every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment