Wednesday, April 18, 2012

June 22, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)



Hi kid! I can't believe July is almost here!  I've never seen time go so fast.  Are you going home for the 4th!  Big excitement.

Nothing too new around her -- just got a call from Wendy in Denver.  We talked on the WATTS lines.  I refuse to make any long distance phone calls this summer, SURE!  After that two month bill of 54.00 I don't want to go through that again.  We have a new number so take it down -- 823-3769.  I had to register the phone in my name because they wanted $54.00 plus a $50.00 deposit!!!  The phone company will do anything to fuck you over.  Anyway Wendy is doing fine.  She's just as broke as I am.  Which is great to hear about now!  Got a letter from Barb yesterday, she got July and Aug off of work, so she's going to the Cape.  She didn't tell me any details because she was in a hurry and only wrote a postcard.  Anderson and I don't think we'll be going anywhere special, so I think maybe I'll go to Boston and see Barb.  Who knows?  I guess Foster is home and trying to find a job.  Tina's mother is busy with wedding plans my mother says!  FAR OUT!!!!!  I must write Mark a letter.  You said he was still at school for the summer, or was that my mother?  He really must be having a rough time of it with his nerves and all!

So how are the dishes doing?  You can't believe the weather here!  It's been so hot for the past three weeks and its' not even July yet!  90 every day and HUMID!

This Saturday there is a rock concert at Midway Park, all day.  The Band, John Sebastian, and Bonnie Delaney and Friends and a bunch of people are going to be there, it should be a good time, watch it rain!  Since my bike was stolen I haven't been doing much but going to the Art Institute and the new Walker Art Museum they just finished.  Went to see "Taming of the Shrew" at the Guthrie, it was really great!  Remember when we saw it at the Wintergarden in Jamestown w/ Liz Taylor and Richard Burton -- it really is a funny play. Thursday I'm going to the theater to see "Plaza Suite".. I've gotten two free tickets from work!!

Well I had better close up and get to work!  Take care.  Write soon.  Got the negatives from the pictures, sent them to Barb -- do you want any?  The next picture session won't be until Christmas, so get your order in TODAY!  Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment