Thursday, April 5, 2012

May 6, 1970 (Letter from Mardi)


OK.  I'm a fink!  Will you accept my apology!?  I just sat down yesterday and today and wrote everyone a letter, which I owed everyone.  Last night I finally got around to calling Barb.

How is everything going?  I hear that Carol Bagwell set you and Mike applications for work in California.  What's up with California -- as it looks like we may be all out there this year.  Anderson has been thinking of moving out West for over a year now and he does not want to be here for another Minneapolis winter and I can't say I want to either!  He has such a good job here and if he could get a position on a newspaper out West it would be good for him.  So I can just see us all out West!!!!  I can't see staying some place where there is winter with now every year.  What are you and Mike planning to do?  That's a hell of a question if I ever heard one -- duh -- "What are you going to do?"  How in god's name does anyone know what they want to do!  I really feel like a creepo for not writing.

I'm doing just fine here.  My job is a good job but I hate working.  I'm my own boss and for hours and Pay it's good.  I'm working with loans and mortgages and deeds and I was surprised to find that it was interesting and I'm in contact with quite a few people.

Our new apartment is really nice and I wish you could come and see it.  We looked all over for the right place and we finally stumbled on to this place.  It's an older building and it's right by the lake, it has a fireplace and french windows.  Now all we need is some furniture for our dining area and living room.  All I have to do is walk across the street and "jump into the lake".  We have a nice backyard and lots of room.  We haven't got a phone yet either so we're living in isolation.

[5/7]  I am bound and determined to get this letter out to you.  I actually went to work today.  I didn't go to work Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.  I told everyone I had the flu; so I went to work today and everyone said how horrible I looked -- NICE!  I came home and ate and clonked out.  The weather has been in the 85's and 90's and you just don't feel like doing anything.  Anderson is sacked out right now so I'm watching some old movie and thought, get that letter out to Paulie.  We're having a huge kegger this weekend so I'm expecting rain all weekend.  Last weekend we had a kegger at some park out in Wisconsin.  We all got bombed naturally -- falling down hills, playing baseball, going to the bathroom in some field -- good old summer is here!

Please drop me a few lines soon adn tell me what your plans are?  Will you be around Memorial Day?  I'm pretty sure Anderson and I'm pretty sure Anderson and I will drive out.  Duh.

Please take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment