Monday, April 23, 2012

August 5, 1971 (Letter from Patty)



I received both of y our letters and have only gotten around to answering them now; because as usual, I've been occupied with other things.

I was in Buffalo in June and tried to connect with you then, but your number had been disconnected.  Wayne and I were working for some people from Boston selling pipes and posters to head shops all around the state.  Unfortunately they never came through with any money.  We'd spent all of ours on expenses such as gas and car repairs.  As a result, I'm now in Oswego staying with my father (my mother went home to her mother's two months ago and hasn't returned.)

Staying with my father has its advantages as well as its drawbacks.  It's really  peaceful here and also very unparanoid.  That's pretty good fro my head.  I was really getting paranoid in Syracuse; that's why I had the phone taken out.

The problem is that now I'm the only one at home, my father doesn't want to me leave.  If I go back to school in the fall he wants me to live at home which would definitely be a bummer.

So right now the major thing I'm doing is trying to decide whether or not to go back to school.  In addition to that I've been cleaning ever since I got here.

The dope situation here has been sparse but good too.  I haven't tripped since last April which tripping brought on a very painful kidney infection and sort of bummed me out.

Write soon.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment