Thursday, April 5, 2012

May 13, 1970 (Letter from Gail)


Sorry to hear about your ankle.  I hope you are taking care of it.  I hope by now UB has cooled down a bit.  It must be horrible but I would think it would be exciting sometimes.  Maybe I'm goofy and terribly innocent, not innocent, I mean ignorant but when you lived in a terribly unexciting town, well, you know what I mean.  Monday was my birthday and some of the girls took me out to inner.  We went to Edgewood Motel in Y'ville.  It was pretty good.  I had London broil -- fabulous.  We had a good time.  I can't believe I finally hit 20.  Wow!  Sunday I went to Edinboro (main campus) to see a pop concert.  We had a good time.  It was spring weekend and they had -- The Rare Earth, Rotary Connection, Pacific Gas and Electric and Marvin Braverman (a comedian).  The Earth were terrible.  Rotary Connection was great and M. Braverman was hysterical!  I had never been to a concert there and well, it was an experience.  The concert lasted 4 1/2 hours -- my ass was so sore.  I'm really happy for you about Calif -- I'm also very jealous.  I hope you'll be home before you leave.  We'll have to get together and have a big welcome home-bon voyage party.  Finals are next week -- can't wait.  I'll be so glad when it's all over.  Next year it's going to be so different from this year.  Well, kids, be good.  See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment