Saturday, April 14, 2012

December 23, 1970 (Letter from Anne)

It was really a surprise to hear from you.  I wanted to write so often but I wasn't sure you lived at the same address.

I really don't know where to start it's been so long.  I guess you could say I'm doing alright.

I'm in my fifth year of school because I flunked.  I really goofed off a little too much.  And when I did attend school I never went to more than 2 classes a day.  I'm doing pretty good this year.  I've settled down reasonably well.  I figure I've caused enough trauma to my mother and a lot of other people.

I split to California last spring and got busted.  I'm on probation now for it and I feel I have been reasonably good.  I get off probation in January.  From what my lawyer told me, they were gonna throw me in jail for about 8 months.  I'm really glad I got out of that one.

The cops out here are really nailing down on dope.  There has really been an awful lot of busts lately.  I haven't been in any of them.  Thank God!  I haven't been doing much dope.  Smoke a little reefer occasionally but that's about it.

I went to Iron Mountain last summer.  Had a blast!  Best summer ever.  Nancy and I met some really nice people.  The guys have bikes and we did a lot of exploring.  I didn't know Iron Mt. had such beautiful places.  We would go back into the woods about 3 or 4 miles and find beautiful caverns.  I wish summer could of lasted longer but winter is here and I hate it.  I hate snow.  But what can I say.

Everybody in the family is doing alright.

I gotta go now. Hope to see you soon.  Write!


No comments:

Post a Comment