Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 23, 1970 (Letter from Kathy)


What has upset you about perhaps winding up "in the vastness of middle class life?"

I don't graduate until June 14th, but June 16th I'm bound for Colorado Springs and wherever Gary may be at the time (either Denver or Mississippi) -- taking a month vacation before I start work for Dr. Jones July 20th.  Don't think I really want to work in Warren, but thought I'd get a year's experience in there; then if Gary and I don't get married next May, then I guess I'm going to go out West somewhere -- probably Colorado.  That's too far away to know anything for sure.

Still six weeks of school left here.  I'm so-o-o anxious for school to be over.

I was really kind of sorry I wasn't home for Easter.  Other than getting an Easter Lily from a friend, it didn't even seem like a holiday.  I even worked Sunday night!

My sister invited me to come live with her in Colorado Springs, but because Gary and I are thinking of getting married next May, I decided to get the experience I need for a year while at home.  My parents aren't having a very easy time right now and I feel kind of guilty deserting them when it's so easy to be of some help.

How is work at Gleason's.  Do you plan on hitching to California?  My brother did -- made it in 6 days!

Just came back from home -- wanted to see my brother and find out about my job.  Gary had 30 days more grace from the Air Force so he was home also.  I had more fun with him the week I was home than I've had since the summer after high school.  Things have never gone easy for us, but we've always seemed to pull through.

Because he came up to Boston, his mother has forbidden me to enter their home!!  Imagine!  She called my mother up and told her it would be a long time before she would have any respect for me!!  As if I care!!  Well, I do, but only because she's Gary's mother.  Otherwise I wouldn't give a damn. She's destroying the two little girls!

I'm taking in a little culture tonight -- the Symphony Orchestra and Choir (Boston type).  It'll be my big opportunity to see the high class music appreciators.

My national boards are OVER!  Took them last Monday.  Will find out the results in May sometime.

The apartment life with three other girls is really getting depressing.  Sure will be glad to see the year end.

Be good -- Keep in touch.

P.S.  Mass law required "Hair" to close down.  Gary and I thought it was fantastic.  I bought the tape while I was home, but I have to wait a year to hear it because the player is in his house (car has no insurance on it) and I haven't got one.

Mark sounds pretty serious about Sherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment