Monday, April 9, 2012

June 29, 1970 (Letter from Zelda)

It was really great hearing from you.  Especially since you seem pretty happy and quite well set up.   I meant to write to you the4 first day I got your letter.  I even went to the music room and listened to the Moody Blues to get in the right mood.  But you know the old story I just didn't sit down and write.

Though things sometimes are a bit of a drag, it seems like there is a lot to tell.  (Considering I haven't seen you in over a month, it seems likely that something has occurred.)

I'm sure Tony has filled you in on somethings.  Buffalo is the summer is pretty nice.  There is actually sun, trees grass and all.  The campus is really very pretty and peaceful. I often just sit around on they grass and pretend to study.  It was nice just lazying (?) around for awhile but after a week or so it became boring.  The place is fairly dead -- that is to say no people.  Norton on a busy day has 10 people in it.  The only time you really see anyone is going to classes so I have to go just for that reason alone.  Today starts Freshman orientation so there will be more people around.  As well as more things to do.  You know how they try to impress the new class.  The school has a very good summer activities booklet.  In fact they have more movies and groups during the summer than they do all year.  I've heard 2 bands so far (one was blues -- really good) and tonight they have another.  I've seen some movies (Medium Cool, Oh What a Lovely War) and I've gone to the craft shop a couple times.  It is really lots of fun. I'm trying to make a belt but I sort of messed it up.  I'll probably wear it anyway.  (Don't forget to compliment it or I'll be quite hurt!!)  Well that about covers all the big action up here. I spend the rest of my time in the music room in Norton, in my swan k apt, in my math class or downtown searching for a job.

I worked for one week for a temporary agency.  I really enjoyed it.  The hours were perfect for me -- 5 pm - 11:00.  The men I worked with were dolls.  (About 30 -- quite witty.)  I did regular clerk's work.  I didn't even have to type and we would talk while we worked.  It was great except once they finished the job they didn't need me any longer.  They rarely work overtime like that.  Since I've been among the ranks of the unemployed, I actually haven't been looking that hard.  I plan to resume my search this week.  Now that Karen's back (she came back St.  She had a great time.) she'll be looking as well as one of my roommates Marlene.  Thus, the three of us can troop out all together.

Well, Paul I won't apologize again for being so negligent in answering your letter but I really am sorry.  It has been sitting here in my stationary box for a week now.

I thought I just would add a few more lines and send it out so at least you'd have some word from me before I leave.  Jane and I will be sure to send you another card from Europe.

I'll be leaving in one more week but it will be one hell of a week before I go.  I have an incomplete that I should finish off (but won't have time for), an exam and final, all my packing up in the apt and packing for Europe and so on.  I just can't wait till Mon morning.

I don't know if you've heard from Sue (I presume she doesn't have your address) but anyway she's settled in Paris and quite happy.  She has net some people and is busy regularly running from place to place.  Her french has also improved tremendously.  I'll enclose her address so that you can drop her a line if you'd care to and you can also write back to me care of that address.

Please write back soon.  I promise to answer sooner and hopefully I'll have a lot to say.

P.S.  Hope your job and all are still going well.  Do you plan to stay there all summer or are you moving on? (Send me your address if that's so.)

P.P.S.  Karen and Tony say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment