Saturday, March 31, 2012

February 25, 1970 (Letter from Gail)


You would not believe how cold it is here tonite.  I was over at the coffee house till about 10:00 so on my way home I checked the temp -- 2+ out!  Oy!  I can't stand this damn weather much longer!  I wish spring would hurry up and get here.  Oh -- for that warm weather!!

I've been keeping myself pretty busy lately.  I'm in 2 plays this semester.  A short 1 act play for the coffee house -- get this -- only 2 people in it -- me and this boy.  Sharp, huh?  Then I have a real small bit part in our Drama Club spring production.  I'm really excited about both of them.  The C.H. one is March 20 and 23 and the other one is the end of April.

Last weekend I stayed at Patti Suppa's house.  Her parents went to Fla for 2 wks ( those lucky SOB's) so 3 of us stayed there for the weekend, Sheryl Larson, Barb Check, and me.  Barb is staying for the full 2 wks.  Well, Friday night we went bar-hopping.  We hit the biggest dives in J'town I think.  1st Shorty's (naturally) then Pejo's -- picked up some EOC kids, went to the Silver Dollar and Samuels.  We got back in town at 1:00 and Pat and this other girl that was with us stopped at the T&C and Allegheny Hotel and got served!  Oh wow -- what a night.  I didn't get drunk though.  Got in about 2:30.  Sat nite was even better, we went to Satellite Lounge bowling for awhile -- then barhopping again.  We went to one place -- oh god -- it was a real western saloon -- with Merle Haggard on the juke box and real cowboys dancing with their chicks!  Funny!  Then at 5 to 1 we found the greatest bar -- called the Sportsman Cafe -- the place isn't much, but the bartender is fabulous!  A young Italian guy -- "Bootsie" they call him.  Well he told us if we came back in 2 weeks, he'd buy us all a free drink -- there were 8 of us.  Great!!!  We got back about 2:00 then everyone came in and ate pizza.  Then at 4:00 we went for a ride around town with a six pack.  All I could see was the cops pulling us over.  Oy, I was scared but nothing happened -- thank god!  We got home at 5:00 and I finally went to bed.  I was absolutely exhausted -- a little drunk too, but that's beside the point.  I had a great weekend!  So now you probably think I'm a lush, etc.  But you know me better than that.  Right?  Hey, have you heard from Mark?  I haven't.  When are you coming home.  Be good and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment