Tuesday, February 7, 2012

October 14, 1968 (Letter from Mike)


Got your letter yesterday -- sound like you're quite busy demonstrating and dating.  I don't know about you!

I haven't had any real time for a date, or the opportunity, since the upperclassmen swoop down on frosh girls.  I think they put salt-peter in our shitty food.

Saturday night a bunch of us went down to Rieds, (a local bar frequented by B-W students).  I was working on this girl who said she never drank.  It all seemed quite senseless, so Warren Hickey (a friend -- from Mt. Lebanon) and I left.  He wasn't doing too well either.  Besides that, we were getting some grief from a kid in Lambda Chi.  We went to the union to see how the dance was.  It was terrible, so we went back to Rieds.  The girl was stoned -- on only 3 beers and 3.2 yet.  She wouldn't shut up.  I was cracking up.  Well, I bought her a couple beers.  She was so drunk I decided not to trying anything.  It's just no fun when a girl doesn't know what she's doing.  So I left and went home.  About an hour later, Warren dragged my roommate in -- he was completely potted and totally incoherant.  We finally got his clothes off and he dashed out of the room towards the shower.  He blew lunch all the way to the showers!  It smelled so bad that Warren almost threw up!  I had to clean it up.  Then I went to see how he was.  He puked twice in the shower.  What a mess.  It was his first time!  Really funny.  I drew a picture of him throwing up in the hall and it's hanging in the room.  Really looks great.

I had a terrible German test today.  I'm praying for a good grade.  Wish me luck.  I don't want to take this course over again.

I'm probably going to have one of my friends home for Thanksgiving -- Paul Alberts.  Why don't you take one of your roommates home with you?  We'd have a riot.  I can't wait to see everyone.

We had a pop quiz in art on Friday.  I got 4 right out of 10 and got a C.  It was hilarious.  Everyone else was missing 8 and 9.  I thought -6 was bad.

Well, I must go.  Take it easy and don't get too involved with whatever her name is.

(pt2)  Sorry I didn't answer your letter sooner, but I've been quite busy to say the least.

That was nice of you to tell Patty I'd write to her.  I mean it's been about a year since I last wrote to her.  Oh well, I mailed the letter and I'll just have to wait and see how things come out.  I didn't make any excuses for no t writing, as a matter of fact, I didn't even mention it.

Last night I went out with Paul Alberts and Steve Alvarez and got totally potted.  On 3.2 no less.  The stuff isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I had to drink so damn much of the stuff though.  And you know how beer and I get along.  I got out of the bar and pissed right in the parking lot.  They only have about two millions lights in the parking lot.  Do you think that would stop me?  Not on your life.  So we drove back to the dorm where there just happened to be a large party going on.  Did the three of us try to gross everyone out?  Not everyone, but we tried.  Well, we retreated upstairs and Steve and I decided to throw Paul down the stairs without his pants.  Naturally he declined the invitation and I have a knee the size of a basketball to prove it.  It got smashed on the floor of the shower room.  What can I say?

Mardi has been hinting that she would like to come to Cleveland for Thanksgiving.  She wants to fly stand-by.  I'd love to see her but my parents want me to come home.  Maybe she could fly in and take a bus home with me.  Either that or have my parents come out and get us.  Don't mention that I said anything because I can't tell if she's kidding or not and I don't want her to think I'm a total ass or something.

This dorm is unbelievable.  I couldn't describe the jerks that live on the second floor of Ernsthausen NW.  It would be just too damn difficult.

Paul cut my hair today and you should see it.  He did a great job.  But I had him cut it short.  Like I've never had it this short ever!  And do you know what else?  I'm going bald!  No shit Nelson, I really am.  You should see the back of my head.  I still don't believe it.

Mark wrote to Mardi and told her he's lost 15 pounds!!!!!!!!  The poor kid must look like a stick.  I think he's maladjusted or something.  If he loses any more, he'll be invisible.

My social life is picking up, but it's still pretty poor, mainly because I have to study so much.  I have met some really nice girls though, and I plan to remedy the situation soon, believe me!

We're having the Stone Poneys and the Lemon Pipers on Nov 1 for homecoming.  It should be a riot.

I've got to go, I have several more letters to write and lots of studying to do.  Watch the drinking and don't drink any Sloe Gin because it will make you sterile.

(pt3)  Thought I'd write some more, because it's a waste of stamps just to write on page.  That happens to be something I don't have much of.

I called my parents last night, collect of course, which was a waste of money.  I really didn't have anything to say to them.  It's funny how little you have in common when you're never around them.  You can't tell them all the neat things you do, because they'll get mad!

I feel really shitty now.  You know what bad moods I get him.  There's just no way to get out of them until they're ready to leave.

I wrote to Renee over a week ago and I haven't gotten an answer.  She's probably mad because I didn't call her and I said I would.  Why do I open my mouth at all?

I wonder how Jamestown is doing without our business?  I can't wait to see that place and get some decent hard stuff!

It's 10:30 and my roommate is in bed already.  He's too much.  He can't breathe through his nose very well, so he breathes through his mouth and it gets dried out so he makes this shitty slurping sound in his sleep.  It's driving me out of my mind!

By the way -- nobody, and I mean nobody smokes Larks around here.  It's terrific!  I haven't seen a Lark pack in so long!  It's really great.  I hope you've wised up and switched to Marlboros now.

Well, I'm afraid I'll have to close for now.  I'm going to find something to do.  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment