Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 15, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


Well, it's me again.  I'm kinda depressed tonight.  This school is really getting to me about now.  I've worked so hard this damn term, and there is still so much to do.  Finals start in two weeks.  Spring break is March 7th-17th. Thank God!!!  I'm gonna need that break.  They might take it away form us if we have anymore days off for snow.

Gary and I had a really great time last weekend, and it would have been perfect except for the terrible blizzard we had.  The airport was closed, and he took a bus back.  It took him 37 hours to get to Titusville!  Can you imagine??  He must have been going out of his mind.  He left Sunday at 5:45 (night), got into Titusville at 6:30 Tuesday morning!!  He had a physics midterm at 10:00.  You can't imagine how worried I was when I found out the thruway had been closed.  I called my parents and everything.

Gary didn't stay for the Orpheus concert, but it was cancelled anyway because part of the group was stranded in Worcester.  I'm gonna see the Rascals at Boston College the 21st.  The Chambers Brothers were really great.

In the past four weeks, I have done 3 of my 4 term papers.  I'm gonna try and get the other one finished this weekend.  It's a long weekend because of Washington's birthday!!.  (It's a week from this Sat.???)  If I weren't going home in 3 weeks, I would have taken off.  I'm so sick of this place right now.  There are only 10 of 36 girls left on our floor, and no one will be back until Monday night.

I've cut down on the fraternity parties since before Christmas.  It's too fattening.  I'm trying to lose some of the weight I've put on.  As long as I keep busy, I lose weight or at least I don't gain.  That's been this term anyway.

I haven't heard Caesar and the Romans recording of "Baby Love" but I've been listening for it.  The school has a small radio station which just might play it.

Well, guess I'm run down!  Do you believe -- finally??

P.S.  I heard you took Carol out!  I wish I were home right now.  My sister is getting married in August and I'm gonna be in int.





No comments:

Post a Comment