Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 5, 1969 (Letter from Roland)


Well, 1/8 of my college years are behind me, it doesn't sound like much, but I'm glad the first semester is over.  My grades ended up a lot better than I thought they would (2.8 average).  The profs must have felt sorry for the lowly freshman.

Things are really lively around here right now.  First, I might be dragged into court because the cops found out I saw some kids setting a fire.  The trouble is I know the guys and they were just messing around and burned a notice on the bulletin board.  I don't feel like testifying against them for that, but I might be forced to.  Next is I'm pledging a fraternity and we're planning all sorts of "good" things to do to the actives.

I think I'm in the same boat you are.  Last semester I had written work and this time it's all reading.

We're having Jesse Jackson, Adam Clayton Powell, Julian Bond, Dick Gregory, and a few other civil rights workers here this weekend for a convention.  Sounds like we're in for some good times Friday and Saturday.

Have you heard whether Curt is home yet, I think he was leaving Nam for home sometime this week.

Augie's going on a quarter system next year so everything will be all screwed up.  (We have to be back Sept. 2.)  What a bite.

Oh well, take it easy on those wild weekends, write soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment