Saturday, February 18, 2012

November 8, 1968 (Letter from Kathy)


Well, I went to another fraternity party last night, only this week I was a good girl and didn't even get high.  I had four glasses, but I was completely sober and didn't really feel good, but I still had a good time.  Have a date tonight with the guy I met last Friday night at the fraternity party.

I got a ride into Buffalo for Thanksgiving, and my parents are going to pick me up at the airport there.  This guy is either coming back Sunday night or Monday morning.  I have a final in chemistry Monday morning, so I'm hoping he'll come back on Sunday night.  If I ride with him both ways then I'm definitely going home for fall break (Dec. 3-8).  If Marie is willing to spend the $32 for plane tickets, then she is going to come with me.  I really hope she decides to come.  She should have gone to my high school (well, maybe not) because we would have gotten into so much trouble.  We both would have gotten into so much trouble.  We both seem to have the same ridiculous ideas at the same time.   It's really funny.  I want to show her a good time too, because I'm proud of my little town and the wonderful people in it and I want her to like it too.

I make her study and she helps me get around in this big mean city.  I'm still kinda scared of the city, and having Marie as a guide sure helps.

The guy situation is getting better.  Have met a few guys that appear to be after things other than sex -- like nice clean fun.

I'm working the desk (paging people) this afternoon as a favor for the girl on my floor.  I'm kinda scared, but I guess I"ll live through it all.

This is a long weekend -- no classes Monday.  I have to use the time wisely though and get some homework done ahead of time so I'll have free time later to study for finals that are rapidly approaching.  They're only two weeks away.  But then again home is only two weeks away, also.  Yeah!!!

I'm interested in this "thumper" game.  Since when has the drinking age 21 posed a problem for the Warren gang?  In fact, being 17 never even bothered us in high school.  Why in heavens name should we start worrying about it now??  You'll have to show some of us how to play it.  OK?  OK!

I bet you made a really cute American flat -- that was such a better idea than the mummy idea.  I'll remember it!

I smoked last Friday night for the first time when I was high.  It was really, really terrible.  Even drunk, I went and rinsed my mouth out right away!

Well, Paul, I'll see you in two short weeks.  Take care until then and please don't get sick again.

P.S. I think they're gonna be two long weeks because of all the anticipation.  I'm really getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment